Friday, July 9, 2010

Two scenes down... Suburbanite is officially in production.

We shot last night, first scene on the schedule. Pages 23 and 24.

I'm glad we got the most challenging scene first. New camera, new audio equipment during a night scene.

The lighting turned out really awesome. I was happy to see that. I got nice mixed lighting, the orange from the street lights then I made it look like the moon light cast into the car. The shadows were nice. I was pleased to see the footage.

The performances were excellent. We did a fair amount of takes, minor differences here and there, dialogue changes and all. Overall the performances came out natural and believable, which is the best anyone could ask for when directing a movie.

We finished shooting around two, everyone left around three.

Then we started shooting this morning around ten.

We did the scene where Ivan and Allison meet for the first time. I tried to keep everything moving at a good pace. I made sure we had a break here and there. It was hot today, so the last thing anyone would want is to get dehydrated.

I was feeling bleh about my shots until I looked over the footage. I'm pretty happy with the shots I got. I dunno, I always feel I could be doing better than I am. But I'm working on making sure I'm getting the best to my abilities and then some with the resources I have available to me.

The performances were fantastic. We couldn't have selected a better cast. Rebecca (playing Allison) is delivering the performance how I pictured Allison. Randy, I can't say enough good about Randy. He's pulling off the insecure, uncomfortable in his skin perfectly, without over doing it one bit... We put Randy in a Carbonas T-shirt, courtesy of Ryan's closet. Their 2007 LP was awesome, we're wanting to use one of their songs in the movie.

We're not shooting tomorrow, but we are early Sunday morning. We have a scene at the swings that I'm looking forward to shooting.

Suburbanite is a go, my friends. There's no turning back now.

No comments:

Post a Comment