Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Suburbaniteisnowinhighdefinition

Let me tell you about my day.

First off Ryan and I bought some props. We need some vinyl records to smash in a scene. So we went to the Goodwill store and what did we find for $0.99? Two copies of Barry Manilow's Live LP. Let me remind you that this is a double LP. We got four discs for two dollars. What better albums to smash than a Barry Manilow album?

So far so good on that... We're gonna get some more though.

I called EVS today about the whole 35mm adapter ordeal. The guy told me about this system that's being used all over; The Office uses it, House just started using it, he said there's a good amount of multi-million dollar films that are using it too.

It's a Canon DSLR that shoots 1920 x 1080 HD 24 fps. It's cheaper than what we'd be spending on upgrading the rig we started building. I wasn't wanting to start shooting HD, but I'm really warming up to the idea. He even said we don't need to shoot in 1080, we can shoot in SD still. But I think I'm going to shoot in HD now. It sucks that I won't be using my beloved DVX-100 for this... But in the long run this will be more convenient and save more money too as well as look clean. No more using tapes either. Plus it's smaller and I'll be able to move around a lot more easily.

On top of that; EVS said that it'll take a few weeks for the achromat lens I need. Production would be pushed back so much. I don't want that to happen.

My only issue with the Canon is sound. We're planning to do some tests with it and see how it goes. The internal mic is mono but you can plug in an external mic and it records in stereo.

I'm really excited... Really, really excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment